New Discussion юеВ

AIO 600 backup errors

SOLVED
Go to solution
Alex Chirkov
Occasional Contributor

AIO 600 backup errors

Hi All!

After power failing Data Protector Express on our AIO600 server decided not to work anymore... After removing and reinstalling it from C:\hpnas\Components\DPX we are able now to run successful backups, but every one hour following events appear in the Application Event Log:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: HP All-in-One Storage Manager (Server)
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 14/07/2010
Time: 13:08:55
User: N/A
Computer: FILESERVER1
Description:
BM:BackupSupport is failing

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: HP All-in-One Storage Manager (Server)
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 14/07/2010
Time: 13:08:55
User: N/A
Computer: FILESERVER1
Description:
Error during Backup discovery.

While searching through support forums I've found similar problems with AIO1200. (http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1232829) and some more threads like this, where the advice is to run AddAsmBackupUser.cmd file. The bad thing is, that I cannot find this script anywhere... Not on a server, nor on a Recovery DVD. I tried to create this user manually an gave it all the permissions I could find, but this doesn't seems to work, event messages are still coming every hour...

Any help or ideas would be very appreciated!
Thanks a lot in advance!
3 REPLIES 3
Monty Phillips
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: AIO 600 backup errors

Hi Alex,

I can not get to the above thread link at the moment, but the default location where the AddAsmBackupUser.cmd script is located it: c:\hpnas\Components\DPX

If you do not see it there, I attached it for your convenience to this post.

Also, if that does not help, check the above events and see if there is any data in the "Data:" section of the event. If there is, ebsure "Bytes" is selected and copy the Data infomration and post here.
Monty Phillips
Trusted Contributor

Hmm. Not sure why it renamed the script when posting, but it is the correct one.
Alex Chirkov
Occasional Contributor

Thanks a lot for reply, Monty!

Will try this on Monday and post results here.