StoreEasy Storage

AIO 600 iSCSI SAN

Patrick Giblin
Advisor

AIO 600 iSCSI SAN

Is it at all possible for the AIO 600 to have multiple connections to the iSCSI network for redundancy and increased throughput? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Patrick G.
4 REPLIES 4
Taohung
Frequent Advisor

Re: AIO 600 iSCSI SAN

iSCSI network for redundancy:
1) There are more than two network interface (AiO 600 and your server both).
2) In your server iscsi initiator setting, You can set multi-ip of AiO, choose MPIO for iscsi. It is redundant between AiO 600 and your server.

iSCSI network for increased throughput:
1) Teaming(bonding) all NICs(AiO 600 and your server both)and enabling the 802.3ad function of network switch.
Patrick Giblin
Advisor

I have been told that teaming NICs for iSCSI will cause file corruption on the SAN. Is that not correct?

PG
Taohung
Frequent Advisor

Excuse me.
I don't understand what you mean. =>"teaming NICs for iSCSI will cause file corruption on the SAN. "
Patrick Giblin
Advisor

Under your reply for increased throughput you said to team the NICs in both the AIO 600 and the client servers attached to it. I have been told that when you Team NICs and use that team on the iSCSI network it will corrupt the data on the iSCSI drives.

Right now I have the AIO 600 hosting iSCSI drives for 5 servers. The AIO and the 5 servers each have 1 iSCSI 1GB NIC attached to the iSCSI network and we are having performance issues which I believe is due to a bottleneck at the AIO because of the single connection to the iSCSI network.

From what I have been told by other users and consultants, using a Teamed set of NICs to connect to the iSCSI network is not supported and will create problems including corrupted data on the iSCSI drives.

Patrick G.