1748264 Members
3891 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: AIO1200 and Windows Error Event 2019

Andrew Bourne

AIO1200 and Windows Error Event 2019

Hi,

We have setup to AIO's each are issuing iSCSI LUNS for use in a Hyper-V environment. The only software that has been added to the AIO's base software is the HP Power Manager software for the R3000 UPS's. Both have dual processors and 4GB memory and have been patched to the latest AIO software release.

The problem we have experienced is that one of the AIO after about 3 weeks of running has an issue with resources running out in the nonpaged pool (MS Event ID: 2019). Yet the other has not had this issue at all.

Has anyone else experienced this error? It in essence takes the iSCSI luns offline and the ASM crashes, so that the only way to get back to a running system is a reboot.

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Andrew
4 REPLIES 4
Amol Garge
Trusted Contributor

According to Microsoft:

When you use a multipathing solution on a Windows Server 2003-based computer, you may experience excessive use of the nonpaged pool memory. This excessive use could lead to depletion of the pool memory. This may cause the computer to stop responding (hang) or may cause an unexpected failover.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/961640/EN-US
Andrew Bourne

Thanks Amol,

I'll investigate that update.

I know that some updates shouldnt be applied to AIO's unless officially released by HP but in this case I think to stop this it might be worth it.

Best Regards
Amol Garge
Trusted Contributor

Andew,

That reminds me, what's the version service release on the server?
Andrew Bourne

The version of Windows on the AIO is Windows 2003 R2 Storage Server.

AIO software update is the very latest as released by HP.

With regard to the iSCSI, no initiator is running on the AIO it is only being used as an iSCSI Target.

Thanks