cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AiO 600 Exchange 2003 Snapshot Problem

Occasional Advisor

AiO 600 Exchange 2003 Snapshot Problem

Hi

I'm currently testing an AiO 600 with a view to hosting our Exchange 2003 storage on it. I've built an Exchange 2003 Standard server to test a migration and all appeared to go smoothly using the "Host an Exchange Storage Group" wizard. However, I'm unable to successfully take snapshots of the Exchange data from within the AiO MMC snap-in.

Each time I go to take a snapshot, the first task of "Validate overall job" completes but "Create Snapshot Set" fails. There is an error record in the Application Log but it has no useful information other than it was a VSS request. When I've gone back through the Exchange 2003 on AiO whitepaper, it shows that there is a prompt for user credentials when installing the ASM Agent on the Exchange Server. However, I didn't receive this prompt during installation.

Does anyone have any ideas why these snapshots aren't working or why I wasn't prompted for credentials during the Agent installation?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. This thread has been moved from General to Network Attached Storage (NAS) (Small and Medium Business). - Hp Forum moderator