1752761 Members
5097 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

All-in-One Storage Manager

Mark Brand
Advisor

All-in-One Storage Manager

I configured our SQL Server Databases through the Microsoft ISCSI target and initiator and did not get it hosted on the AIO through the AIO Storage Manager. Is there any way now to get the Storage Manager to see the SQL Databases under the SQL Server Application section?

The ASMUser has rights to the .vhd file, but I'm not sure if there is anything I need to do. Or can do. If you don't host the database through Storage Manager, will it never see the hosted SQL Server?
2 REPLIES 2
Jon Paul
Trusted Contributor

Re: All-in-One Storage Manager

Hi Steelheads,
Earlier versions of the AiO Storage Manager (ASM) did not discover or manage any storage that was not provisioned by ASM. The latest release of ASM (version 1.3, available on the web) does discover and manage storage that has been manually provisioned by the customer. If you are using version 1.3 and do not see your manually provisioned storage discovered by ASM, please contact our support organization for assistance.

It is important to note that in order for ASM to discover and manage storage for SQL Servers, it is necessary to install the ASM agent onto the associated SQL Server. The agent can be found at C:\hpnas\Components\All-in-One Storage Manager (Make sure to get the latest agent if you are also updating the ASM version)

Jon Paul
Mark Brand
Advisor

Re: All-in-One Storage Manager

The upgrade to 1.3 did the trick. I have 3 SQL databases and about 40 divisional and user shares and the discovery process seems to take about 10 minutes. It took that long under version 1.2 also. Is that "normal" for the ASM to take that long to discover?

I set the config to Tracing and there are no errors, in the log file it just seems to take the longest when it gets to the ServiceFactory: 'SandboxMonitorRemoteService' and it lists the active sessions. The discovery process eventually does end, but its a bit painful when you have to change any data protection, allocate space or do any work inside the Storage Manager snapin.