1753972 Members
8161 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Automated Storage Manager error

chazstl
Occasional Visitor

Automated Storage Manager error

I have a ProLiant DL320s G1 system on Windows Server 2003 x86. About 3 weeks ago, our backups started failing on this server. In researching, it appears because shadow copies cannot be performed. While looking in the event logs and Automated Storage manager, I'm getting an error: Discovery: Failed. 

Also, I'm getting the error: Error loading iSCSI network state.

Also, Error loading iSCSI preferred network setting.

Nothing has changed on our systems. I haven't been able to figure out what is causing the problem. 

I launched Automated Storage Manager. All connections seem to be working but the error continues in the program Discovery Failed. I launched the Microsoft iSCSI initiator. Nothing seems to be out of the ordinary. I'm not sure what else to do to fix this. We need backups operational again.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Charlie

1 REPLY 1
srinatha_joshi
HPE Pro

Re: Automated Storage Manager error

Hi Charlie,

I am from HPE Storage Team,  DL320S1 G1 is Windows Storage Server 2003 R2 is EOSL product.  Out of curiosity, the problem appears to me as a real Automated Storage Manager (ASM) application issue.  My initial recommendation will be to un-install the application, reboot the server, and re-install the latest version V4.2.

There is no download links available for this model anymore.

You can check from control panel - add and remove programs and uninstall and install it back from local repository(C:\hpnas\Components\All-in-One Storage Manager or C:\hpnas\Components\Automated Storage Manager)

Thanks.

Best Regards.

I am a HPE Employee