4567 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: CAN'T CREATE STORAGE POOL IN HPE STOREEASY1460 WITH SEMC

Francis3
Occasional Visitor

CAN'T CREATE STORAGE POOL IN HPE STOREEASY1460 WITH SEMC

Hi,

I am having issues creating storage pool for my HPE StoreEasy 1460 with  windows storage server 2016 {OS}.

Its showing the four 4tb hard drive when you lunch the semc software but i can;t see the option to create storage pool.

I think it wasnt properly raided/array. kindly assist! 

3 REPLIES 3
tobiasflitsch
HPE Pro

Hi Francis3, 

can you please share the version number of the HPE StoreEasy management console (found in the settings menu) in case something funky is going on. The current version of the management console is 1.2.0.295, released just few days ago. 

The StoreEasy 1460 comes with 4 LFF Hard Drives pre-installed and they already have a logical drive created on this array for the operating system. There is room for another logical drive on the same array. 

You should be able to create this logical drive from "Storage Subsystems" > "Logical Drives". Using the "+" icon on the top right of the screen will allow you to create a new logical drive that you can use to place volumes on. Let me know if this works.

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo
Francis3
Occasional Visitor

Hello Tobiasflitsch,

Thanks for your response. I am using the current SEMC version 1.2.0.925.

Am unable to able to create this logical drive from "Storage Subsystems" > "Logical Drives". ( its showing 0 logical drives)

and Using the "+" icon on the top its showing empty

Please what can i do next.

thanks

VictoriaBunte
HPE Pro

Hi Francis! Have you created an array first under Storage Subsystems? You want to do that first prior to creating a logical drive. Once you create an array, you can then add a logical drive, and from there create a volume and file shares (in that order). Let me know if that does the trick. We are looking at how we can simplify this moving forward.