6277 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Clean install on a HP AiO1200r - Wont detect harddrives

Anthony_jat
Regular Visitor

Clean install on a HP AiO1200r - Wont detect harddrives

Hi All

I'm trying to perform a clean install of Windows 2003 server onto an HP AiO1200r but when the windows installer tries to detect the hard drives, it cannot. Previously it was running 2003 Storage server. The server is currently configured for RAID6. 

I've been unable to find any SCSI(SAS) drivers and the HP smartscan CD (version 8.70) but wont help as the hardware isnt supported.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4
giladzzz
Honored Contributor

Hi

go to the drivers page and maybee you will find the missing driver ( need a driver for the disk controller)

smartstart won't work this is not a proliant I think.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3741093&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=3741077&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1114

or better download a quick restore DVD this will install the server as it was originaly installed

https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductsList.do?category=NAS

Regrards

Anthony_jat
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the advice.

Unfortunately I'm still stuck. I've already looked through the driver options on that page but there doesnt appear to be any I can boot to.

I also tried the restore DVD but as per the attached screenshot, its not supported. Also it looks like this is a Proliant Storage server.

However your DVD suggestion gave me something else to search for and am now trying the tips in this post

Anthony_jat
Regular Visitor

That didnt work.. The 2nd DVD tells me I dont have a Proliant server

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hi,

if you on software.hp.com search for "aio" you can find at least two different downloads for AIO1200.

On one download page there are listed some model numbers that are compatible with the .iso. On the other there aren't - but in the quickspecs there are model numbers for the 1200r.

Do you have one of the corresponding model numbers?

You also want to make sure that that number is visible in the BIOS of the server.