1753868 Members
7465 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Compaq StorageWorks NAS S1000

CA1201010
Occasional Advisor

Compaq StorageWorks NAS S1000

Hi I have the an older s1000 nas I am looking for a restore cd for it.

The problem is the it keeps rebooting on my and I think its a problem with the watchdog timer in the nas cmos. If I disable it will stay up. I think I need to restore it or I need some software that is missing.

Anyone have any ideas

Thanks
Brian
7 REPLIES 7
Jon Paul
Trusted Contributor

Hi Brian,
I think we talked about this in another forum. but, ...
Unfortunately, the S1000 is no longer under support. There is no restore CD.
Your options are limited. Sorry.

Look for other similar postings to see what other customers have done to make the box usable.
CA1201010
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the response I was able to get the box usable.
CA1208780

Hello,

Please I beg of you to give me the instructions on how you did this. I just purchased this device about 3 years ago and I am hitting a dead end where ever I go to get instructions on how to restore this device. Purchased a HP DVD writer dv 215i and can't get the discovery CD to boot off of it. I know with instructions this would be MUCH easier to accomplish.

Thanks,
Donna
CA1201010
Occasional Advisor

Hi I can help you out on this. Those boxes where made by a third party for compaq. When these servers had warranty problems the server was switched out so that is why compaq doesnt have a restore process for the OS on these. I ended up getting a restore cd from the third party. I would be happy to up load the instructions for you and restore disk if you have a ftp server somewhere. It is a 2 dvd set so its large, or you can call the third party and have them ship you one. But you will need to open it up so you can see who made it. Call them and tell them you need a restore cd for the third party model. Mine is the same as a 4300 and I upgaded it to 4 200gb drives.
CA1208780

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your information, I don't have an FTP site open to the public. So will have to go to the vendor. What kind of DVD-ROM did you use? Was it Internal or External and would you be able to step me through the restore process? I do appreciate the time and your help you have given me this far. Now if I can get instructions on how to do this it would be great!

Thanks,
Donna
CA1201010
Occasional Advisor

You run the dvd from a laptop of desktop. The restore process uses ghost. So the s1000 will attach over the network.
CA1208780

I opened it up but don't see where it has the manufacture name. Where would that be?