StoreEasy Storage
1752609 Members
4353 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Configuring HP DL380 G5 Storage Server and HP StorageWorks 60 Modular Smart Array

SOLVED
Go to solution
A.K.M. Islam
Occasional Advisor

Configuring HP DL380 G5 Storage Server and HP StorageWorks 60 Modular Smart Array

Hi!

I have to configure DL380 G5 Storage Server and HP StorageWorks 60 Modular Smart Array.

So far I have complete installation Winodws Storage Server 2003 R2 on DL380 G5 Storage Server. Now what else should I do to make it work.

1. Should I install any driver on DL380 G5 Storage Server to be connected with the HP StorageWorks 60 Modular Smart Array?

2. Should I configure in the Windows?

3. Others..

Please be informed that I haven't use Windows Storage Server 2003 yet. Therefore, please be a bit detail.

Sincerely,
11 REPLIES 11
Martin Smoral
Trusted Contributor

Re: Configuring HP DL380 G5 Storage Server and HP StorageWorks 60 Modular Smart Array

Connect the MSA60, Make sure the latest Service Release is installed which includes the PSP, then run the Smart Array Array Configuration Utility and then configure your array/logical just like any other Proliant server with a Smart Array. when your done use Disk Management to create your partition and format your new disk.

regards,
Martin
A.K.M. Islam
Occasional Advisor

Dear Mr. Martin:

Thanks for your mail.
Indeed, I should have mentioned that this is my first server configuration.

>Connect the MSA60, Make sure the latest
> Service Release is installed which
> includes the PSP,

You mean update firmware on MSA60?

If yes, could you please provide me some documents that explain the procedure of updating firmware.

> then run the Smart Array Array >Configuration Utility and then configure >your array/logical just like any other
> Proliant server with a Smart Array.
>when your done use Disk Management to
> create your partition and format your new > disk.

You mean, I should download and run Array Configuration Utility on my Storage Server?

Sincerely,

A.K.M. Muzahidul Islam
peyrache
Respected Contributor
Solution

hello
link for download msa60 firmware and how to
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=3302295&prodNameId=3302296&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=co-53335-2

you need also to have latest service release for Proliant Storage server
link for donwnload
https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/try.do?productNumber=5697-7815e

then you install Array configuration Utility
tool to create Storage Array and logical drive
hope to be clear
JYP
A.K.M. Islam
Occasional Advisor

Dear JYP:

Thanks a lot for your nice mail.
However, still I would like to know the following:

1. Should I install msa60 firmware and the latest service release into the HP ProLiant Storage Server (SS)?

2. Nothing should be done with the MSA 60 but connect it with the SS, right?

>hello
>link for download msa60 firmware and how to
>http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport
>/TechSupport
>/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&
>prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=3302295&
>prodNameId=3302296&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=13&
>mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=co-53335-2

>you need also to have latest service >release for Proliant Storage server
>link for donwnload
>https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot
>/try.do?productNumber=5697-7815e

>then you install Array configuration Utility
>tool to create Storage Array and logical >drive hope to be clear
>JYP

Sincerely,

A.K.M. Muzahidul Islam
peyrache
Respected Contributor

1. Should I install msa60 firmware and the latest service release into the HP ProLiant Storage Server (SS)?
>>>Yes

2. Nothing should be done with the MSA 60 but connect it with the SS, right?
>>>Yes

let me know if you need more help
JYP
A.K.M. Islam
Occasional Advisor

Dear JYP

Thanks a lot for your kind help.

By the way, how can I check in the SS whether I need to update the firmware, latest service release and ACU?

How can I check whether the SS sees the disks of MSA60?

With best regards,

A.K.M. Muzahidul Islam
peyrache
Respected Contributor

for Service Release you should have small icon in your SS desktop double click on and ask for details, you should see version of service release installed
i attached an screenshot example for that
JYP
A.K.M. Islam
Occasional Advisor

Dear JYP

Thanks for your continuous support.

By the way,

How can I check the current firmware ?

Is this possible to skip updating MSA 60 firmware?

In which case?

Sincerely,

A.K.M. Islam
Occasional Advisor

Dear all:

I need to download HP Array Diagnostic Utility (ADU) for windows Graphical interface for checking the current firmware version of MSA 60.

Does anyone know from where I can get it (i.e., the website)? I cannot find it one the web but need it urgently.

Sincerely,

A.K.M. Muzahidul Islam