StoreEasy Storage
1753684 Members
5619 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL 380 G3 SERVER

Mohammad Homran

DL 380 G3 SERVER

i'm facing problem in my server dl380 . I have 6 hdd's and the configuration of those hdd's is:
0-1 : raid 0+1
2-6 : raid 5

the problem is the some of my hdds like 2 ,3 and 4 is field and blinking red led. and after more time other hdd is field and blinking red led.
So, i try to update the bios and restart the server but after 6 hours the problem again.
I alrady check the all hdds in other machine same model and it is working fine, So the hdds is ok.
I replace the back plane , motherboard and cache memory of array controller and the problem is not fix.
the array conrtoller is built in on the motherboard.
now during the intilizibg of array controller the array controller is not detecting the all hdds . only 0 and 1

So, what is the saluation of this case?
I replace many parts but the problem is not fix..???

Thanks for the support
MAH
3 REPLIES 3
peyrache
Respected Contributor

Re: DL 380 G3 SERVER

hello
did you tried to also update disk firmware ?
JYP
Iain McCracken
Frequent Advisor

Flashing red led,s means prefailing drives not failed drives The drives have detected they are working out of there tolarances But if you have put them in another system and they are okay It might be firmware If this is a new build try running the system erase can be run fom the smart start cd and then start again You could also try elimanting the drives in case you have a drive pulling the bus down
Alexis Boulias

I had a similar problem that i;m working now !!!

even if u do disk upgrade the problem remains cause the server does not see the array in physical !!!

still working on it !!!