1753663 Members
5808 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: DL100 (aka NAS1500s) drivers

Joshua Atkins

DL100 (aka NAS1500s) drivers

Greetings,

I recently purchased a DL100 (NOT G2). However, I wish to run Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition as opposed to Windows Storage Server 2003. The problem I have is that unfortunately I am unable to find drivers (ie network) available from HP. Are these drivers only available from a Quick Restore or Full Install CD/DVD (which both include the operating system install..)?

Regards,
Josh
8 REPLIES 8
peyrache
Respected Contributor

hello
which drivers are you looking for ?
normally all drivers are available on QR
JYP
Joshua Atkins

Thanks for the response,

I understand the drivers are on the QR, however if I use the QR it would restore my server to Windows Storage Server whereas I wish to use Windows Server for the moment. I was unsure where to look on the QR for the driver files themselves, unfortunately.

However! My problem was solved this morning - I fired up SiSoft Sandra and hunted down the chipset drivers individually.

Thanks again for the response,

Regards,
Josh
peyrache
Respected Contributor

good,
but looks strange did you add some blades in NAS normally all drivers are present
JYP
Jon Paul
Trusted Contributor

Hi Josh,
Glad you got the problem resolved. FYI - the network is a standard Broadcom and should work with their latest drivers.
Jon Paul

I'll do the same thing here with my DL100 NAS1500, but i would like to know if you had any crash or blue screen after the install. Good to know that you found the drivers using Sandra

Thanks
Joshua Atkins

Greetings,

Nope I received no blue screens. I used a Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition (R2) SP1 disk. This means that SP1 was integrated in to the install disk -- which I believe is what skips the reported blue screen on SP install issue.

I could then update to SP2 with no issues at all.

Also, for the record, my server had Intel NICs not Broadcom.

Josh

Thanks for the tips. I used a Standard 2003 R2 with SP1 disk too, but when I updated to SP2 the server restarts after a few minutes and a screen saying "no boot disk found" appears and when i hit ctrl+alt+del the server starts normally but restarts in a few minutes again.
With SP1 i don`t have this problem. I`m trying to find the KB that is causing this

Thanks
peyrache
Respected Contributor

hi
how can you update to SP2 ?
do you Service Release DVD ?
JYP