StoreEasy Storage

DL100 and 2003 SP1

SOLVED
Go to solution
CA1266216

DL100 and 2003 SP1

I configured a DL100 about a month ago and unstalled all critical patches from windows update as i did not realise you were not meant to do this. The server has run fine since then and has rebooted without problem.
Today i installed Windows 2003 SP1 and got a message on reboot that the NAS could not run with this OS and that the system would now blue screen - which it did. As i could no longer boot to the primary OS i booted to safe mode on the primary OS and removed SP1 from add/remove programs. I received a message that SP1 had been removed succesfully. Now when i boot to the primary OS i get an error and i can choose to send info to microsoft or not. Despite that error the server still works and is serving data on the network.
My question is can i use the restore CD to repair just the primary OS. On the restore CD it says that by DEFAULT it will reimage the OS drives (if it cannot detect the original primary and secondary OS drives). Does this mean there are other options? There is no readme on the cd to refer to and info on the web i have found is a bit sketchy. Are there any other options i can take rather than a full restore?
thanks for any input
Mark
1 REPLY 1
CA1256535
Advisor
Solution

Re: DL100 and 2003 SP1