New Discussion юеВ

Re: EX490 Recovery Disc

SOLVED
Go to solution
MagsMcKinley
Occasional Visitor

@johnrxx99 wrote:

Also, after 4.1gb of downloading the Server recovery file it has failed, for the second time. Is there a limit on Google?

Try again...mine just downloaded successfully...It's a large file.

VoicesFYC
Advisor

ELLO BOYS AND GIRLS :D

a Wee Tad Info ..since tom forgot to drink his coffee  & jeff is lost somewhere playing in his Caddy :D

software to burn ISO images - MAGIC ISO works Perfect :)   it's how i made my server disks :)

if you keep having issues keep at it..it took a few trys to get the image downloaded :)

(see you thought i was lost and wasn't watching... put the candy crush down jeffery )  :D

VoicesFYC.

johnrxx99
Advisor

Well, this time it failed again, twicw, when it got to 4.3GB. Very frustarting as it takes about 2 hours. I'm in the Philippines.

I guess I'll try again tomorrow.

TomHayesMP
Frequent Advisor

The CD burner software you use HAS to be able to burn ISO images. I use Nero but there are free ones out there. I googled "iso image burner free" and got tons of hits.

Tom

TomHayesMP
Frequent Advisor

I don't think there is a file size limit on Google. If there were, it would probably be around 5 GB. This file is smaller than that. Other people have downloaded and created the CDs from these files.

For the heck of it, i uploaded a ZIP file version of the PCrestore disk ISO file to Dropbox

here  

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h17abh1fsjwdwbz/AABthrLd35vt-O4uRIcB6S8ka?dl=0

See if that works any better.

Tom

johnrxx99
Advisor

Hi Tom, happy new year to you and all.

I've downloaded all of your file OK, it's just the big one causing problems, which ironically is the one I need.

Having slightly recover from last night I'm ready to start trying again. I'm slightly more relaxed as I've been able to read the files on all the drives other than the system disc, so I can copy most of my data with a few new dirves.

I'll update later and again, thanks so much for your help.

johnrxx99
Advisor

Happy New Year and hope last night was a good one.

Well, 5 downloads later, all failing at 4.3gb, I don't know what to do.

Tom I know I'm asking a lot but could you upload the Server Recovery disk .iso alone just in case somehow it has been corrupted.

Many thanks, John

TomHayesMP
Frequent Advisor

I'm uploading the server Recovery disk ISO to Dropbox right now. It's 4.49 GB so it will take some time. I'll post the link whan Dropbox is done with the upload.

Tom

johnrxx99
Advisor

Many thanks Tom, you're a gent.

VoicesFYC
Advisor

OK FOLKS,

after killing half a day yesterday  uploading my server cd's and all the stuff TOM and Jeff helped me get for my EX490....now i'm returning the Favor to anyone who needs it :)   

i ASK ONE favor...if you download the files from my Google Drive....PLEASE FIRST sign up for a Google Drive then Transfer the Files to YOUR Google Drive.... that helps keep the transfer times down and everyone gets it Easier...and When You Sign Up For Your Google Drive ...Just Use Me as  Referal :)   Thank You :)

Here's the Direct Google Drive Folder Link For the EX490 Server Disks & Manuals :)

Tom & Jeff...Make Sure Ya Copy The Link :)

Cheers Folks :)

and Happy New Year & Good Luck :)

Google Drive:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8M2VLx7aGxlUEhXY1R5cTdrTlk&usp=sharing