9440 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: EX490 Recovery Disc

SOLVED
Go to solution
streamlineIT

hi guys. i have followed that link and unfortunatly that iso for the software install is missing the server console installation files.

TomHayesMP
Frequent Advisor

I just checked the link. I'm the one who uploaded the HP Server disk images.
They all seem to be there. you want to use the Server Recovery disk image to
reload the OS on the server. it's spelled out in the manual and my notes also at
this link.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzRIeI12rXCDNXNlWFdzY29JYm8?usp=sharing

Tom Hayes
cat139lyleb
Occasional Visitor

Hi! I would to say Thank you for giving me access your drive (google) for my HP EX495...

I have little problem with itself InstallShield "HP MediaSmart Server 3.0" When I click "repair" and got error that 'HP MediaSmart Server 3.0.msi' need to come with it because it's said "resource that is unavailable."

Can you please tell me where I can find those for that itself EX495, because I'm in there right now, reason why I ask because I already moved all C:\Program Files into D:\Program Files Plus already changed in the Registry for itself Program Files... Almost worked fine but not itself HP MediaSmart Server...

I'm hopefully that one I'm looking for... I having unable to find it anywhere to reinstalling in that "D:\Program Files\Windows Home Server"

Please help me... Many Thanks!!!

Systech18

Hi Tom, 

I was totally blown away to find your post listing the .iso images and documentation!

I acquired one of these little guys from a recycle center and want to use it for backups.

I tried to download the files but they never moved into my download folder.

I would greatly appreciate the help!

Thank you in advance.

TomHayesMP
Frequent Advisor

You shouldn't need individual permission to download the disk images.

Here is the link:  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzRIeI12rXCDNXNlWFdzY29JYm8?usp=sharing

Make sure you used the one on Google Drive. There was an older set on DropBox but people were having trouble with it. This one should work.

Tom

TomHayesMP
Frequent Advisor

Hi,
I'm not sure I understand your question.

What is not working?

I do not understand why you're moving anything from C:\Program files to D:\Program Files.  The home server is a backup for your computer. You should not have to move anything.

Tom

tyrel
Occasional Visitor

Just a quick thank you to Tom. for the Ex490 downloads.

I just got hold of a second-hand Ex490 and sort of had it working and then I got the steady red health light!! I think the operating system on the 1tb hdd is corrupt (drive may be failing, when directly connected to PC (hdd caddy)  its in and out of disk manager etc. Anyway, I at least have a starting point with Tom's downloads. Will keep you posted.

Thanks Tom :-)

tyrel
Occasional Visitor

Oh and forgive me when I start asking stupid questions....I'm new to server mediums 

Otto_hab

Hi there,

I hope you keeped the email address for this site after 6 years! I am just in the same stage where you were 6 years ago with MediaSmart Home Server... Did you find a solution after all frustration, if so, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Otto_Hab

TomHayesMP
Frequent Advisor

I'm not sure what problem/soultion you are referring to. A few years ago my EX490 died. It seemed to be the CPU board. I scoured eBay and found another one and moved my drives and power suppply to that one. It seems to be working OK.

Tom