1748089 Members
5045 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Error installing HP All-In-One Agent Manager

ALato
Advisor

Error installing HP All-In-One Agent Manager

Since I'm plagued by constant crashes of the AllInOne manager on my AiO 400R I regularly update the service release hoping this solves the problem.
After installing 1.5.0 on the AiO I tried to update the Agent installed on other servers to no avail.

First it displays a message regarding an older version of VSSProv that must be uninstalled. If I tried to uninstall this sw I got a message that it has already been uninstalled and a suggestion to delete it from the list of installed software.
If I go on with the installation it fails with the attached error.
I also tried to uninstall older versions of Aio Agent and iSCSI Initiator but I always get the same error.

Please advise

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
peyrache
Respected Contributor

Re: Error installing HP All-In-One Agent Manager

hello
could you provide event logs system and application please
may be you are facted to hardware issue ?
or virus issue ?
do you have antivirus up to date ?
let me check logs first
JYP
ALato
Advisor

The servers are virtual machines running under ESX. No hardware or Virus problem.
I installed a new VM from scratch and found the installation runs fine.
Since it happens on all of my VMs connected to the storage I think it's related to a previous agent upgrade that might have messed up things.
Is it always better to uninstall the HP Storage Manager and the iSCSI initiatior before upgrading them?

Regarding the current status it was faster to start from an old snapshot and rebuild the configuration so now I'm fine. It's strange anyhow that I found nothing on the Internet about this error

Thanks
peyrache
Respected Contributor

yes you must uninstall older versions before
JYP
ALato
Advisor

The ASMAgentInstaller.exe installs

1) .Net Framework 3.0
2) HP AiO Storage Manager
3) Microsoft iSCSI Initiator
4) Microsoft iSCSI Target VSSProv

Are you saying that (apart from item 1) all the others must be uninstalled before applying the new ASMAgentInstaller?

Let's say I have SQL server installed: isn't there any problem like losing the configuration to reach the datastore with the databases?
peyrache
Respected Contributor

should be ok
JYP