108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Failed to detect a supported SATA RAID Controller

Chris Driver
Occasional Contributor

Failed to detect a supported SATA RAID Controller

Hi,

I have a NAS 1500s (DL100).

I have been trying to use the Quick Restore DVD, but after Booting from it I get this Message:

'Quick Restore Failed to detect a supported SATA RAID Controller. Please ensure the proper SATA RAID Controller is installed in the system'

We haven't changed the raid controller firmware or anything. The raid controller reports firmware 4.1.0(7244) which is I understand correct.

We have also tried installing Suse Enterprise Linux v9 (which is certified to run on the DL100), but when the machine boots up it will be stable for approx 5 minutes then reboots hangs and reboots.

We now a DL100 that we cannot use as we cannot use Suse Enterprise Linus and we cannot restore it back to Windows Server 2003 because of the 'Failed to detect a supported SATA RAID Controller' problem.

Regards,

Chris.
4 REPLIES 4
Carl Armstrong

hi all,

I have the same problem anyone with a fix?

cheers
Carl
Aimbere
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. Anyone have an ideia!?

Thanks
Jose Chavarria
Advisor

Hi Chris,

Most of the time when you get that error message: "Quick Restore Failed to detect a supported SATA RAID Controller..." is becuase the DVD-ROM unit is not compatible with the NAS1500s, I'm attaching the list of the compatible drives.

Supported drives DL100 (NAS1500s)

- MultiBay 24X DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive (DC364A ├в Spares:274420-001)

- MultiBay 8X DVD-ROM (DC352A ├в Spares:173949-001)

- MultiBay DVD+RW Drive (DG189A ├в Spares:344256-001)

- Multibay Cradle (DC373A)
Brad French

I had the same problem with a NAS 1500s and Firmware version 8209. I kept getting the 'Quick Restore Failed to detect a supported SATA RAID Controller. Please ensure the proper SATA RAID Controller is installed in the system' message.

I purchased an HP Compaq External Multibay DC373B drive and flashed the SATA firmware to 7244. Once I did that everthing worked as it should.