1748118 Members
3728 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Failover Between X9300 Nodes

H Koura

Failover Between X9300 Nodes

Hello all,
Let me explain the solution that we have so I can ask the question, we have two x9300 FSN connected to MSA P2000 G3, and we have only one file system which is represented through NFS to a UNIX host. our configuration now is like that the msa has 14 segments , each FSN holds the ownership of 7 segments now while we were testing the fail-over we started a copy of some files to the file system then we failed over one of the nodes the copy stops , my question now how long it takes to fail-over a FSN to the other node , and if there is any solution that can makes continuous access to the file system or in another words a solution to make the copying continue without any interruption even that one of nodes fails , please I need to know that information urgent.
1 REPLY 1
Emil Velez_2
Trusted Contributor

Re: Failover Between X9300 Nodes

it takes a min or so to detect the failure of the node. the nfc client should just keep on retrying till the virtual ip,is available on the other node. Botton line the client should keep on doing retries till the share is available. failover depends on number of segments in the fs
Emil Velez
Instructor Storage, Servers, HP-UX and Partner Courses
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Education Services
Ask me about training on StoreServ (3PAR) StoreOnce, StoreEasy, StoreAll, StoreVirtual, HP-UX, ServiceGuard and HPE Partner Ready Certification Training

internet: Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/emilvelez

HPE Master ASE Server Solutions Architect V3
HPE Master ASE Storage Solutions Architect V2
HP UNIX Certified (ASE HPUX 11iv3 Administration V1)
Certified HPE Instructor
HPE Product Certified - OneView [2016]
HP Sales Certified -Servers, Converged Systems and Services [2015]
HPE Product Certified - Converged Solutions [2017]