5898 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Folder File Corruption Issues

majohnson

Folder File Corruption Issues

I have two servers.
HP Aio1200r Storage Server w/ Windows 2003 Storage Server OS
Windows 2000 Server which is currently used for the storage of data.

Storage Server Setup:
One volume was created. This volume contains two virtual disks. These virtual disk drives were setup as M:\ and N:\.

An iSCSI target was setup for the Windows 2000 server

On the server with the iSCSI initiator I setup the connection between the two servers. I am able to see and access the two virtual disks.

I am seeing two issues:
1. When I copy files to the drives setup on the Windows 2000 Server I will run into an issue where the files, folder(s) or drive will become corrupted and inaccessible. The only way to fix the issue is to disconnect the iSCSI connection, then run chkdsk /F on the drives on the storage server where the corruption occurred.
2. When I copy files to the virtual drives on the Windows 2000 server I do not see the folders and/or files that were copied when I try to view them on the storage server. However if I shutdown and restart the server, the folders and/or files that were copied over now are now visible and accessible.

Do you have any ideas why this is happening?
6 REPLIES 6
peyrache
Respected Contributor

which version of AIO are you running ?
also what is the version of ISCSI initiator ?
please post event system and application please
thanks
JYP
majohnson

iSCSI Version - 2.07

AIO Storage Manager Version - 4.0.0
Storage Sever Management Version - 1.1.22

As for Event Logs. There were no recorded events on the NAS Server or the server running iSCSI initiator.
peyrache
Respected Contributor

it's look strange there are not records on events logs on both
did you formatted Virtuals disks (full not quick ) before start copy ?
JYP
majohnson

I did the quick format and not the full. Can performing a quick format cause an issue like this?
peyrache
Respected Contributor

i saw in past this issue
JYP
majohnson

Thank you for your input. since this system in still in a test environment I will back up the data and recreate the disk using the regular format option.

One more question.

Have you seen the issue that I mentioned regarding having to reboot the NAS Server before I can view any folders/files that were copied or created recently on the virtual drives access on the server running the iSCSI initiator?

I hope this makes sense.