StoreEasy Storage
1753646 Members
6310 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP 3 in 1 NAS Docking Station

Travis Kalal

HP 3 in 1 NAS Docking Station

I recently got the HP 3 in 1 NAS docking station to use for working at home. I would like to be able to access the 160GB HDD as a separate drive for backing up files, not just a recovery solution. When I enter the Http://HPNAS it's asking for a username and password for the administration utility. How do I proceed so I can set this up?

thanks
9 REPLIES 9
neil stober
Valued Contributor

you try admin
password ?

or did someone set it up with dif passwords ?
Travis Kalal

are saying to try the following:

username:admin
password:password

And, I have this docking station at home, not connected to a "work" network. How can I set this dock up to be able to use the 160GB HDD as another drive?

If I get in with what you provided can I setup that myself?

Thanks

Travis
neil stober
Valued Contributor

yes to first question , that or try leaving blank .

did they set it up at the office ? if they did you need to ask them for password .

2nd question i'm not sure , i set mine up as part of network . if you just dock laptop without network cable attached to nas i'm not sure what happens , maybe it will see drive and use it as another drive , hope so for you .

good luck

Travis Kalal

So when I hooked it up with no network cable attached it doesn't recognize the drive, it doesn't let me access the administration tools.

I'll try the username and password you gave me because no one has done anything with this dock, brand new out of the box.

thanks

Travis
neil stober
Valued Contributor

do you have a router ? as the nas needs a seperate ip address i know to get into mine i type 192.168.1.154 , i then get the nas welcome page to configure or browse nas .
good luck
Travis Kalal

I can give that a try as well. Would I just go into my router and determine which IP is leased to the NAS and then try that to login with as you stated?
neil stober
Valued Contributor

it should
Aibat Kunshashev

Hi! There is no any new reply for this question. Travis Kalal, did you solve your problem?
I've got the same situation with the brand new EM537AA, and the admin/password or administrator/password - nothing works. I've tried a lot of combinations - still no luck. And - there were NO manual or CD in the box.
If anyone knows the proper default password for this device - please help.
neil stober
Valued Contributor

do a reset look up reset nas on forum