StoreEasy Storage
1753288 Members
5368 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP 3-in-1 NAS encryption PW not working to mount Pool

Boris Horn

HP 3-in-1 NAS encryption PW not working to mount Pool

I have a big problem and neither expensive support via Phone nor brilliant live-chat support could help me with it..

I have set an encryption Password to protect my 160gig drive of the docking station...

and I dont know why, but the utility isn't accepting it any more so I cannot mount my primary pool .. and I also cannot simply delete it, cause it sais "unable - the primary pool contains the printer server data blabla"

Has anyone a workaround how to delete the unmounted primary pool or how to do a reset ?
(the normal reset via backup button didn't help)
3 REPLIES 3
Boris Horn

Re: HP 3-in-1 NAS encryption PW not working to mount Pool

Has nobody any clue how to delete the primary Pool to set up the station new if encryption password ist lost/forgotten etc. ?!

support said "we are sorry, we cannot solve the problem" ... great !

I can't be the first to encounter this problem!??!
CMORGAN

I had this same issue the past few days. I was able to acknowledge the message after that was done I was able to erase the drive. Now I will admit I played around with this for a few hours. So I dont remember the exact steps, but I do know that erasing the drive was the key. After that the drive was free for me to create a new Pool. After that I just made sure I created the pool without the encryption. I hope this helps
Alvi
Occasional Advisor

If the step above doesn't helps, I suggest going by the sameprocess as with replacing the internal HDD -
-take out internal HDD and connect it to any desktop.
-boot this desktop with Knoppix LiveCD
-zero first couple of megs by "dd" command: dd if=/dev/nul of=/dev/hda (replace "hda" with the actual device name. I recommend disconnect all other devices at those desktop while doing this in order not to erase any valuable data). Let it run for a 5 mins then press Ctrl-C.
-install HDD back into 3-in-1 NAS
-load the latest firmware using NASLOAD

after this steps you will get "factory-state" NAS.