1753379 Members
4994 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Insight Management Agents on NAS 1200s and DL100 G2

Laurence Barker
Occasional Contributor

HP Insight Management Agents on NAS 1200s and DL100 G2

Hello, I am looking to install the Insight Management Agents onto several StorageWorks 1200s and DL100 G2.
However, I am having trouble finding the correct install files.

I believe the Service Release 5.6 and Service Release 6.6 contain Smart Components for x86.

Looking in the Service Release 5.6 PDF ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/information_storage/software/nsas/nas/366578-006.pdf on Page 18 this lists the servers PSP can be applied to, however the 1200s isn't listed here.

Looking in the Service Release 6.6 PDF http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01213610/c01213610.pdf on Page 10 this mentions PSP Smart Components
CP007669 - HP Insight Management Agents

Tried installing this to both 1200s and DL100 G2 but was prompted to install the System Management Controller Driver first. The only ones I can see that might be relevant are:

CP007541 - HP Proliant iLO Advanced and Enhanced System Management Controller Driver for Windows 2000/Server 2003

CP007692 - HP Proliant iLO " Management Controller Driver for Windows 2000/Windows Server 2003

When trying to install either of these, it states "The software will not be installed on this system because the required hardware is not present in the system or the software/firmware doesn't apply to this system".

Looking at the Proliant Support Pack matrix ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/servers/management/smartstart/serversuportmatric.pdf neither the 1200s, 1500s, or DL100 servers appear to be supported by PSP, and therefore I'd assume that the HP Insight Management Agents and System Management Controller Driver are not supported on these models.

Is this correct, or is there another location I can download and install the System Management Controller Driver and Insight Management Agents for the 1200s and DL100 G2 servers?

Thanks for any replies, it's appreciated.

Laurence
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_112
Valued Contributor

Hi Laurence,

Short answer: Insight Management Agents will not install and are not supported on 1200s and DL100 G2.

Long answer: The Smart Components in the Service Release and ProLiant Support Pack do not apply to the 1200s and DL100 G2 products. The Service Release installer just displays a list of update products applicable to the NAS or storage server product. Example, for the 1200s, the updates displayed by the installer should mostly apply to the operating system and other NAS-unique updates, such as for the HP Storage Management Web UI. For the DL100 G2, the Service Release installer should display updates for the storage controller (assuming HW RAID), Broadcom NIC and NIC Teaming Utility, System BIOS, and Server Management System (SMS) software update. If the DL100 G2 is attached to an external storage array (MSA20/30), then some Smart Component updates to the MSA's related softare and hardware components can be installed.
Laurence Barker
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the prompt reply Keith.

Looks like I'm out of luck on the HP Insight Management Agents then. That's a shame.

Perhaps I should raise a new thread for my follow-on question but I suppose while it's relevant...

Are there any other vendor hardware agents available for monitoring these server models remotely?

Thanks again.

Laurence
Sherine

Hi Laurence,

Server Management System(SMS) available through Service Release will be a good option for managing DL100G2 servers.

SMS is a web-based application that gives the freedom to manage the servers from anywhere in the network.

Regards,
Sherine