StoreEasy Storage
1747980 Members
3837 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP MediaSmart Server EX470/EX475

mhamad

HP MediaSmart Server EX470/EX475

I have HP MediaSmart Server EX470/EX475 being used for a small officeof 4 users. The software (***put the name of the software***) thatruns on network PCs give all network users the ability to browseshared folders on HP MediaSmart Server and perform an immediate backupof their computer but also gives them the ability to monitor thestatus of HP MediaSmart Server and the status of other users as well. I would like each user to have access only to his/her files, alertsand reports without him/her being able to see other users. How can Ido that?
4 REPLIES 4
Phil uk
Honored Contributor

Hello,

You need to logon to the "Windows Home Server Console" as the Administrator.
When the Console appears, you will see a menu bar across the top of the console.
Click on Shared Folders.
A list should appear of all of the Shares available, eg, share1, share2, share3 etc.(whatever the names may actaully be).
Right click on one of the shares and select Properties.
A "Properperties for sharename" dialogue box opens.
Click on the tab "User Access".
You can select which user has Full/Read/None Access to that share.
Click OK when done.
Repeat the process for each share and give which ever users access as applicable.

Presumably, all your users have different logon names & passwords to the shares !!!
(If they all have the same logon and password, they will all be able to access all of the shares still)

Regards,
Phil
mhamad

i'm using windows home server connector software that connects the computers to the server and automatically backs up the computer every night but give too each PC the ability to monitor the health of the network..
my question is how to deny the user that monitor the health of network ??

thankx in advance
Phil uk
Honored Contributor

OK, I misunderstood your question.

In the taskbar on each User PC, there is an icon for the WHS (Green Icon with a house !).
Right Click on it, there is an option for "Display Network Health Notifications" with a tick next to it.
Click on that option.
Right click again and the "tick" should be gone.
Do this to each PC.

Regards,
mhamad

ok,it's Ok..
thankx a lot