4312 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP StoreEasy 1430 Installing OS Problem

Evgeny-GREK
Frequent Visitor

HP StoreEasy 1430 Installing OS Problem

Hello,

Can anybody help us to resolve such problem - we have HP StoreEasy 1430 (12 TB) with MS Windows Storage Server 2012 Standart. After some time of usage this server we decided to rebuid RAID array. From menu of RAID controller we drop existing configuration and created new. This procedure droped OS too.

We have System Recovery DVD version SWX3.01.0a, but we cannot install OS from this DVD, after booting process we have message - "Disk configuration - the first logical drive must have a partition labled system"

P.S.This thread has been moved from  Servers>General to Network Attached Storage (NAS) (Small and Medium Business)-HP Forums Moderator

8 REPLIES 8
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hi, 

I don't know for sure about HP StoreEasy, but with the X1000 and older storage servers you had to remove all the existing arrays if you wanted to restore from this recovery DVD. The DVD will create arrays and partitions as needed.

Looks like StoreEasy might be the new name for those storage servers.

Evgeny-GREK
Frequent Visitor

Evgeny-GREK
Frequent Visitor

By the way,

After this error (in file above) we reboot server and in Array Configuration Utility saw that new Array and one logical drive had been created. See file ERROR-2.jpg

Evgeny-GREK
Frequent Visitor

Hi!

We installed MS Windows Storage Server 2012 Standart on HP StoreEasy 1430 from Microsoft DVD. And now we have to install drivers.

can anybody help us to find drivers for this hardware?

Tanks.

nozzer

Hi,

I had the same problem, and it turned out to be, that the server builds a single partition.

So when you get the the ACU option, you have to press the esc key, so that it does not build the one big raid.

The server will continue to boot to the DVD, and then will installed the OS

Evgeny-GREK
Frequent Visitor

Ok, Tanks!

Jeroenve
Occasional Visitor

Ok I just had a 5 hour fight with a storeasy 1440 server...

Removal of the raid set and pushing the esc button so the server does not automatically build a raid5 raidset is indeed the solution. Thanks for posting but.....

Which *&#$^*(#% developer thought that is was a good idea that the raid set needs to be removed for the recovery to be able to execute!!!???? I could understand the idea if the error message that was generated when attempting to recover would not be saying "primary partion labelled "System" expected".

But it gets worse... With diskpart I went as far to create a 200Gig GPT EFI partition labelled "System" to work around the previous error and guess what...

Error: disk configuration can't finish. Another storage configuration found. To prevent loss of data...... bla bla...

HP??? Have you completely lost it???? The product is called storEASY!!! not storimpossible.

Isn't it obvious to give the user the OPTION to choose to rebuild the raid inc setting the RAID 5,6,10 options during the restore process??????? Especially if you decide to have a raid controller that will automatically choose to setup a raidset it thinks is the best in combination with the drives it finds???

Yes I'm pissed off but this is a typical case of "how to make something simple and obvious impossibly difficult"

FIX IT!!!

wednesday

Dear Grek,

I cannot reinstall OS: windows server 2012 storage, please give souce to setup it. thank you.

Nguyen