5052 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HPE StoreEasy 1640, Re-imaging

Shakil-Adil
Occasional Contributor

HPE StoreEasy 1640, Re-imaging

Hello

I am currently working with the customer to re-image hpe storeasy 1640, while re-imaging the StoreEasy, Data on other drives will be safe or it will also be deleted?

Shakil

2 REPLIES 2
debgrosskopf
HPE Pro

The StoreEasy Quick Restore will only reformat the operating system drives during the QR process.  Of course you always want to encourage the customer to first back up their data just in case.  The other thing that you should do is have them properly shutdown and disconnect any external arrays or enclosures attached to the system.. Once that is done than boot into the QR recovery media either through iLO remote console with the ISO mounted on a virtual DVD, physical DVD, or USB.  For instructions for copying the image to a USB be sure to review the steps in the administrator guide.  After the system has completed the QR process, then power down the sytem, re-attach the arrays or enclosures and reboot and go through the OOBE process.  After the OOBE process is complete, you should check to see if the drives and volumes are online and are not read only.  You can use the following powershell command to check the status:

Get-Disk | ft -property Number,  FriendlyName, SerialNumber, OperationalStatus, IsReadOnly

If any of the disks are in an offline or read only state, you can bring them back online and remove the read only flag.

Get-Disk | ? IsOffline | Set-Disk -IsOffline:$false

Get-Disk | ? IsReadOnly | Set-Disk -IsReadOnly:$false

If you have further questions you can send me an email.

I am a HPE Employee
Shakil-Adil
Occasional Contributor

Thank you very much for the valuable response, There is one more thing which i wanted to discusss. Customer has more then 25TB data on the NAS, and has implemented number of policies on the data like user based, quota, shares etc, from last 4 or 5 Years. While formating OS drives, these policies will likely to be wiped out. Is there any way to save these type of information in the way that they can re-implemented back once QR process completes