1753626 Members
5474 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPStoreEasy 1460 Dashboard not showing storage pool

NJagan
Occasional Visitor

HPStoreEasy 1460 Dashboard not showing storage pool

New HPStoreEasy 1460 Dashboard not showing any storage pool but HPE Smart Storage Administrator (SSA) showing controller configured - HPE Smart Array P408i-a SR Gen10

The Storage Pool Manager not visable in HPStoreEasy 1460 but contol panel - programs and features showing Storage Pool Manager installed.
8 REPLIES 8
tobiasflitsch
HPE Pro

Hi NJagan,

We've added a new tool in the 6th generation StoreEasy 1000 Storage systems (that includes the 1460). There were material changes in the SmartArray controller in the ProLiant Gen10 platform the StoreEasy is using and we've decided to rely on the new StoreEasy management console to better administrate the controller.

The new management console will provide you the same management capabilities as the old Dashboard, but more. You can download it for free from: www.hpe.com/downloads/storeeasy-management (or using the link in ICT). If you get an entitlement error, ensure that you have registered your system with your support contract or with your warranty (let me know if you need assistance here).

When you access the new tool remotely using your preferred browser, or locally using the icon on the Desktop (you'll see it after the installation), you will see the Storage Pools created in the Storage Subsystem > Storage Pools category. In this example from a StoreEasy 1560, but it will be the same on a 1460.

storage_pools.jpg

I hope this will resolve your issue. Let me know if it works out or not. 

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo
NJagan
Occasional Visitor

i have installed management console and checked the Storage Subsystem and it is showing below 

Storage Subsystems | HPE StoreEasy Storage

• Smart Array controllers0 Storage Array controllers available
  • Virtual Disks0 Virtual Disks available
  • Storage Pools0 Storage Pools available
  • Disk Enclosures0 Disk Enclosures available
  • Physical Disks0 Physical Disks available

management console

tobiasflitsch
HPE Pro

For some reason I cannot see the screenshot that you've shared. 

Still, can you run "services.msc" and look for the "HPE Storage Management service" in the list and restart the service. Please check if the issue remains. If it does, please open a support ticket with HPE at support.hpe.com for troubleshooting.

I apologize for the inconvenience. 

NJagan
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for help. problem still remains. i will raise a ticket with HPE

PrashantS
HPE Pro

Hi,

I am not sure you still facing the same problem with Dashboard.

But either update it to a ltet version on dashboard using SR avaiable online on HPE.

OR

If you have issue observe memory leak issue also. I will advise to disable dashboard.

Thanks,

Prashant S.

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

tobiasflitsch
HPE Pro

Hi Prashant, please be aware that this is about the StoreEasy management console and not the old Dashboard, which is no longer maintained on the 6th generation StoreEasy 1000 and hence not available. There is no way to just disable the Dashboard view of the management console. 

TonyTousha

I am having the exact same problem with an 8TB 1460 and a 16TB 1460. The management console is not picking up any drives or storage resources. I went to SSA through IP and it errors out. Putting the moniker Easy in the name of these devices is highly unfortunate.

tobiasflitsch
HPE Pro

Hi TonyTousha,

I'm sorry about the inconvenience this is causing. Our engineering team has worked on a resolution for this issue. The issue should no longer appear on systems that we currently ship from the factory. Unfortunately, you are still experiencing this issue on any system that left our factory before we implemented the change.

We have drafted a customer advisory to fix the described issue for these systems. You'll find this advisory at this link: https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-a00065743en_us

If not already done, I also recommend subscribing to product alerts. This way, you'll receive the customer advisories as soon as HPE is posting them on the support center. You can do so by navigating to https://support.hpe.com and logging in with your HPE Passport account. Then go to Settings (top right icon) > Subscriber's Choice profile. Search for your producs (e.g. "StoreEasy") and select "HPE StoreEasy 1000 Storage" and any other StoreEasy related topic you are interested in from the list. Choose your delivery preferences and click "Submit". 

Cheers.
Tobias