StoreEasy Storage
1752646 Members
5928 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Help with DL100 and iSCSI

Arthur E Knowles

Help with DL100 and iSCSI

I just purchased a HP Proliant DL100 Storage Server (367989-B21) and want to use it as a iSCSI device. Does anyone know if the model ships with the iSCSI feature pack? Or do I need to buy it seperately?

What is the difference between the standard and gateway editions?

And finally ... Does the iSCSI Clustering Gateway Edition software (T3673A) replace the iSCSI feature pack, or does it enhance it? If enhance, does it require the gateway iSCSI feature pack?

I've been digging through the documentation I could find on the HP site, but it has not been able to answer my questions and I do not have the DL100 in my hands yet to look at its provided documentation.

Thanks for any help you can provide .. or just looking to see if you could help. :)
3 REPLIES 3
peyrache
Respected Contributor

Re: Help with DL100 and iSCSI

hello
just purchase Microsoft iscsi software target
below pointer
JYP

http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storageworks/ms_iscsi/index.html
Arthur E Knowles

Thanks. The link to buy the item failed, but a search on the HP store turned it up. It only runs on the Standard or Enterprise editions of WSS R2 though and cost $900. I found a version for the Workgroup edition WSS that should run on the stock platform for much less. And if I understand correctly, Ic an upgrade to the Workgroup version of WSS R2 for free and use the license form the iSCSI feature pack to upgrade it as well.

So all should be good until I buy the upgrade to the Standard version of WSS if I need it.
peyrache
Respected Contributor

yes you need to have standard version
JYP