StoreEasy Storage
1752624 Members
4665 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

How to separate the default logical drive 16TB into two sub-logical drives separately?

SOLVED
Go to solution
aejungz
Occasional Visitor

How to separate the default logical drive 16TB into two sub-logical drives separately?

Hi...

I'm currently used HP X1600 G2 NAS. When I take a look at the logical drives in ACU (Array Configuration Utility), I found that there is some kind of default logical drive size 16TB. If I want to remove this logical drive 16TB and re-create with two logical drives size 13TB and 2TB separately.  Is it possible to do it ? because I cannot see "DELETE" button the right frame in ACU while I select ed that 16TB logical drive.

PS. You may check out the screenshot from my attachment.

6 REPLIES 6
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: How to separate the default logical drive 16TB into two sub-logical drives separately?

Hello...

What about the 'erase drive' option?

What are your options for Logical Drive 3?
aejungz
Occasional Visitor

Re: How to separate the default logical drive 16TB into two sub-logical drives separately?

Hi...

For logical drive 2, I've already tried to erase disks and it takes long time to finish and now it's finished already.

For logical drive 3, I created from the unused space of array B, you can notice that this logical drive, it have "DELETE" button to delete the logical drive but for logical drive2, there is not.

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi...

It looks like for some reason you need to delete Logical Drive 3 before you can delete Logical Drive 2.
aejungz
Occasional Visitor

Really?  Oh!

OK. Thank you for your suggestion.  I'll try to backup data and then delete logical drive 3 and then 2 respectively.

aejungz
Occasional Visitor

OK. I'd like to update the status.  I've done to delete logical drive 3 and then 2 respectively and it's work now. 

Thank you so much for your support.

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Great, thanks for taking time to reply back that it worked!