New Discussion юеВ

Re: License error after Motherboard change on NAS server

SOLVED
Go to solution
Sys Admin
Trusted Contributor

License error after Motherboard change on NAS server

Same issue as this:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=989391
and I think:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=948057&admit=-682735245+1155942160660+28353475
(I am already running the SP1 from the support DVD and it's worked fine for months.)

But they never posted solution or link.
I've looked through HP's craptastic support site. Nothing.
I called HP support and they had me change serial numbers to the original board, that didn't work. He transferred me to NAS support and I got cut off. I am sick of queues. Anyone know of the file or process that is needed? I can boot into safe mode.
5 REPLIES 5
Jon Paul
Trusted Contributor

Which system?
Who did the MB replacement? (HP, other)

We will try to get you fixed up ASAP.
Sys Admin
Trusted Contributor

HP DL380 attached to an MSA20.
HP hired a contractor to come out. (compucom?)
Attached is screenshot.
Sys Admin
Trusted Contributor

The solution to this is to reset the system ID in the BIOS to the correct value.

Thanks Jon.
Monraya

Hi,

I am having the same problem, HP Replaced motherboard in my DL380 G4 Storage Server and now I get the license error. I have spoken to them and they don't know whats cuasing it. We did try changing the product ID. But that did not help . Are you able too offer any further suggestions .. I have even rebuilt the server from scratch.
Regards
Monraya
Jon Paul
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Hi Monraya,
Double check the product ID. The correct product ID should be on a label on the server (with the serial number). The only other cause for the error would be installing SP1 (unless installed using SR5.5 or SR5.6).
Q1: You are getting the "detected non proliant hardware..." message? (See attachment in previous post)
Q2: What is the Blue-Screen error code?

The only other thing I can think of is that there is a hardware issue with your new motherboard. (ex. bad memory controller) But this is not the problem if you are seeing the message in Q1.