108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MS patches for HP1200S running 2003 Appliance Ed

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mark Tipple
Occasional Contributor

MS patches for HP1200S running 2003 Appliance Ed

I have recently inherited 5 HP NAS 1200S servers all running Windows 2003 Appliance Edition. They are all massively out of date and so IтАЩm trying to find out exactly which MS patches I can install. Is there a definitive list of тАШapprovedтАЩ patches for these things - as the only info IтАЩve got about them is:
тАЬтАжbe careful when youтАЩre patching these, as some patches might break itтАжтАЭ
Many thanks in advance!
Mark
3 REPLIES 3
Amol Garge
Trusted Contributor

Mark,

The best way to upgrade any HP NAS box is by installing the service release(SR).

DO NOT INSTALL UPDATES FROM MICROSOFT WEBSITE!

The storage server is a customized version of MS Windows.

Since its an old box, you may want to upgrade to SR v5.56 , then SR 6.6 and then jump to SR 6.9, this should update the server.

Mark Tipple
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the update - however, I've just seen a posting on another forum that says SR6.9 is not supported below Win2k3 R2, and my 1200s boxes are pre R2. Do you know something they don't?
Also the HP updates page for the 1200s only shows SR6.60...
Amol Garge
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Mark,

You were correct, I did overlook that point, when going through the release notes for SR6.9 I found a note which read:

NOTE:
HP ProLiant Storage Servers based on the Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R1 operating system are no
longer supported in this and all future Service Releases.

So, upgrade to SR6.6 will be the best option.

Thanks!