5028 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA 1500cs Cache diabled issues

Iain Binnie
Advisor

MSA 1500cs Cache diabled issues

Hi,

We haev recently installed another MSA 1500cs connected via fibre to a W2003 DL380 G4, and am seeing the below informations in the event viewer, the battery and all status of the cache show as ok in the HP ACU gui and there is no mention of this in the HP logs, although it does not apear to be casueing any immediate issues I am concerned its a tell tale sighn of a controller failure etc ?

The errors in event viewer start an finsih as below over in a speradic fashion on multiple days nad times:

The External Storage System on the Array Controller \Device\FibreArray0, HBA Slot 2, Chassis: SGA080207J, has reported that the Cache has been temporarily disabled.

External Array Accelerator Status Change. The array accelerator board attached to the external controller in I/O slot 1 of array "SGA080207J" has a new status of 4.
(Accelerator status values: 1=other, 2=notConfigured, 3=enabled, 4=tmpDisabled, 5=permDisabled)
[SNMP TRAP: 16017 in CPQFCA.MIB]

External Array Accelerator Status Change. The array accelerator board attached to the external controller in I/O slot 2 of array "SGA080207J" has a new status of 4.
(Accelerator status values: 1=other, 2=notConfigured, 3=enabled, 4=tmpDisabled, 5=permDisabled)
[SNMP TRAP: 16017 in CPQFCA.MIB]

The External Storage System on the Array Controller \Device\FibreArray2, HBA Slot 2, Chassis: SGA080207J, has reported that the Cache has been temporarily disabled.

The External Storage System on the Array Controller \Device\FibreArray2, HBA Slot 2, Chassis: SGA080207J, has reported that the Cache has been reenabled.

The External Storage System on the Array Controller \Device\FibreArray0, HBA Slot 2, Chassis: SGA080207J, has reported that the Cache has been reenabled.

Any help greatly apreciated as we want to catch this before it is a issue! I run over 10 MSA 1500cs and have never seen this nor find anything directly relateing online!
3 REPLIES 3
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hi!

What kind of disk array do you have attached to the MSA1500? An MSA20?

What firmware do you have on the MSA1500 and disk shelves?

If FW is below 2.00 on the MSA you will not see battery information in the ACU. In that case you will have to look for leds on the array itself.

Might also be that a newer firmware will get rid of these messages for you.
Iain Binnie
Advisor

The firmaware is 5.20 and it has a MSA 30 connected to it. I can see in the GUI the battery status is ok.
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

have you tried turning on the Array Accelerator for each of the LUNs you have presented?