4773 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MV2020 software

Bill Hague
Advisor

MV2020 software

Hi.
I have recently bought an MV2020, but am having great difficulty with the attached NTI BackupDrive! software, and not getting much help from the HP Total Care support service! It is now 4 weeks since my original email support request!!
After loading the software from the disc provided, the NTI software would not start up.
I was sent a URL for an FTP site for a software update, which duly arrived, but on loading and starting, I had an error message "Fatal Exception: Required HP Media Vault software key
Install Path Root not found." There does not appear to be any uninstall provision in the software. Further enquiry of HP Total support got a "making further enquiry response" and since then nothing.
I noticed on the website today that there was a ?new software update, but on checking the FTP site, this was a 0kb file! HP are not doing too well here!!
NTI have suggested using the Windows Clean-up utility, but this does not recognise my NTI installation.
I am running XP SP2 on two different computers, and both are having the same problems.
At least, I can see the Media Vault from both computers and have been able to back up to it using a different program. I have also been able to install the latest firmware 1.3.5.9.
Any suggestions would be most helpful.
Is anyone senior from HP reading this?
Bill
29 REPLIES 29
peyrache
Respected Contributor

hello
should be better to post on tape forum
than nas
JYP
Bill Hague
Advisor

Thanks Jean-Yves.
The MV2020 is NOT a tape drive, but is a true NAS!!
It did not therefore seem appropriate to post in a tape forum.
Cheers
Bill
peyrache
Respected Contributor

ok, i didnt now this nas yet..
what was error message at first installation of nti software ?
what is the ftp location for the software
JYP
Bill Hague
Advisor

Thanks Jean-Yves for your quick reply: faster than the HP team!
The ftp location was ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software8/COL16659/dv-43908-1/hpmediavaultupdate.exe
The Error message was "Fatal Exception: Required HP Media Vault software key
Install Path Root not found."
Cheers
Bill
peyrache
Respected Contributor

Bill
i need to lnow error message during NTI software startup ?
because i think you need a license or key to install now version of media vault
that is another story, the root cause
is the installation issue oF NTI
we need to troubleshoot that first
JYP
Bill Hague
Advisor

Yes, Jean-Yves
The message comes as the NTI program is starting up.
The Media Vault set up has happened OK off the set-up disk, and the original OEM NTI software is also on the disk.
Cheers
Bill
peyrache
Respected Contributor

this error message appeared after software
upgrade or not ?
do you have in your hand licence document
provided by HP for NTI products ?
JYP
Bill Hague
Advisor

Hello again
The error message appeared after loading the update, but the software was not working before that. HP therefore sent me a link to the previous update, which is the one that is not working and gives the error message.
Both sets of software came on the disk provided by HP: there is a EULA on the disk. What do you need from this?
Bill
peyrache
Respected Contributor

could you quick restore the mv2020
i hope you do have CD/DVD quick restore
then after Mv2020 will get a default configuration and we can see exactly what is the initial issue
JYP