1753582 Members
6228 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2003 Feature Pack

Mark Somerville
Occasional Contributor

Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2003 Feature Pack

Hello all, I want to run this on the weekend, is it a straight foward install for SP1 and all other security updates, this is our data server with attached expansion cabinet, I was one of the Blue Screen of Death people who installed the Microsoft update, so I ordered the CD from HP and am ready to go. Can I just copy the Microsoft folder on the cd with SP1 and hotfixes manually or should I run the deplyment from the splash screen when the cd boots up.

Any advice on this would be appreciated

Thanks all
2 REPLIES 2
Jon Paul
Trusted Contributor

Re: Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2003 Feature Pack

Hi Mark,
Run the deployment from the splash screen. It will give you the ability to choose what updates you want to take. All except for the piece of code which will keep the box from Blue Screening when SP1 is installed. The install is intended to be fairly self-sufficient. If you run the SR from the network, make sure to NOT update your NIC drivers. It is suggested to run the update locally. After you start the install, it will take about 45 min. to complete then ask for a reboot.
Hope this helps,
Jon Paul
Mark Somerville
Occasional Contributor

Re: Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2003 Feature Pack

Hey Jon, I ran the feature pack this past weekend and all was well, like you said it was pretty straight forward, ran from the cd locally and just followed the instructions, serveal reboots later it was complete, it's a bit of a process almost an hour for me. But it's done so I'm happy. I knew this would be a little straight forward install, but just needed to here someone elses take on this.

So thanks again Jon for your guidance on this