5943 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

My NAS will not wake up on Lan

Craig j Cobbold
Occasional Contributor

My NAS will not wake up on Lan

Product Description HP StorageWorks NAS 1200s -NAS server
i am having problems getting the server to wake up once a magic packet has been sent,

i have enabled magic packet on the NIC, then shutdown the server, sent the magic packet then nothing. i can see that the packet was being sent and my hub flashed

can i confirm if you need to enable WOL within the BIOS somewhere, i have looked and cant see any power options in there to set this,
can you please offer any suggestions please
5 REPLIES 5
peyrache
Respected Contributor

Re: My NAS will not wake up on Lan

hello
do you have installed latest service release
how are you configured wake up under interface properties ?
currently broadcom faq about that below
let me know if help you
JYP

44.) What is Wake Up capabilities?

The "Wake Up Capabilities" parameter allows the user to set the adapter to wake up from a low power mode when it receives a network wake up frame. There are two wake up frames: Magic Packet and IP frame.

45.) How can I set the Wake Up capabilities?

In Microsoft Windows, right-click the Network Adapter in Network Connections and then click Properties.
Click the Configure button and then the General tab.
Set the "Wake Up Capabilities" parameter to Both, Magic Packet, None, or Wake Up Frame.

Netware: Only supports DOS WOL and is configured by adding "MagicP=1" parameter to driver load command line in the AUTOEXEC.NCF file. To disable, change value to "0" or do not include parameter, since default is set to disable.

Linux: Load the bcm5700 driver using the enable_wol argument. Example: insmod bcm5700 enable_wol=1
Craig j Cobbold
Occasional Contributor

Does any person know if a BIOS upgrage is required, i accessed the BIOS and there was no power management tab there to enable me to enable WOL within the BIOS.

Thanks for your advice
peyrache
Respected Contributor

i'm some doubts regarding that since 1200S is not sold anymore for years
JYP
Craig j Cobbold
Occasional Contributor

There are 2 Broadcom NICs installed. I have set the properties to these 3 settings - Both + Magig Packet + Wake up Frame.

Tested with both cards and the server does not wake up after packet is sent from 2 WOL utilities.

Removed firewall and just added 1 XP machine and Server into separate hub.

How can I tell which service release I'm on?
Craig j Cobbold
Occasional Contributor

NIC = Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit
Driver = 10.85.0.0
Date of driver = 19/6/08