New Discussion юеВ

Re: NAS 1200S Service Release Install

SOLVED
Go to solution
stevendt
Advisor

NAS 1200S Service Release Install

Hi,

I have a NAS1200S which I upgraded with Service Release 6.4 some time ago. I noticed that there is a 6.6 release which I'm about to install which reminded me about an issue that I saw with the 6.4 upgrade.

The NAS has redundant OS partitions, when I did the 6.4 upgrade, only the first partition was upgraded. I have never worried about this, although I guess that I would if the first OS became unbootable !

Anyway, the question is, is there a way to replicate the first (upgraded) partition to the backup OS partition, or do I need to boot the backup partition and apply the Service Pack to that too?

I suppose that it itself is not a problem but is there a way that the OS partitions be kept in synch without applying all upgrades, AV DATs etc. to each in turn ?

regards
Dave
2 REPLIES 2
Vijay Srinivasan
Solution

Well, you'd need to login to the backup partition to install patches from SR 6.6. Note that, the primary & backup OS are 2 independent system volumes (no direct sync), and hence any patches, AV updates would need to be applied manually.
stevendt
Advisor

Hi Vijay,

thanks a lot for the reply. That's what I was afraid of, but thanks for the confirmation,

regards
Dave