1752635 Members
6186 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

NAS 1200S failure- 4th unit fails

CA1150094

NAS 1200S failure- 4th unit fails

We have had horrendous problems with NAS 1200S
failures. When we try to use the quick restore WSS2003 cd. We get a message that there has been a drive error and the restore process fails.

We have had one unit replaced 4 time since July 2004. Does anyone have experience with this failure and have a fix? We have also experiences and number of drive errors during file copying on these units as well.

We have another NAS 1200s that is perfectly functional.

We hate to power these units down as 2 of them were properly shut and powered off and were unable to be rebooted or restored via cd.
3 REPLIES 3
CA1150094

Re: NAS 1200S failure- 4th unit fails

The exact error is:

Quick Restore has detected a drive error on the system.
Please ensure that all drives are functioning properly.
Press "R" to exit Quick Restoer and Reboot the system.

HP's only resolution is to replace the unit. The last replacement took 4 weeks.
BR864674
Advisor

hello donald,
they are passed I from this problem, before the question that I make you is: which type of dvd uses? HP obligates the use of its dvd that HP DVD Writer is called dvd300e. with these drive certifyd from HP I have not had some problem.
p.s. = restore the hard one approximately 2 hours therefore you also take it with calm
CA1150094

Marco,
You had the same problem and it was resolved by using the HP DVD 300E drive?
The error looked more related to the raid/drive controller.

We had been using a Sony DVD 710A drive in a housing connected via USB. It seemed to load and run just fine until it bombed out a few minutes into the process.

HP did not tell us that this may been related to the DVD drive used in the restore. While I have seen this in the forums, HP did not question whether it could be the DVD drive used in the restore.
HP had just kept replacing the unit.

Would you please confirm that you had the same error and it was resolved by using the specified HP DVD drive.

============================================
Quick Restore has detected a drive error on the system.
Please ensure that all drives are functioning properly.
Press "R" to exit Quick Restoer and Reboot the system.
============================================

Many thanks for the response.