StoreEasy Storage
1751938 Members
4941 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NAS 1200s Violation of License Agreement...

CA1313545

NAS 1200s Violation of License Agreement...

After some months of runnning smoothly, our System (NAS 1200s T1) does not startup again. I get a message indicating a violation of license agreement with StorageWorks NAS. We have not changed the system significalty. The case maybe related to some installation performed by WindowsUpdate. Any ideas or action to take.
Thankx
10 REPLIES 10
Jon Paul
Trusted Contributor

Hi Harry,
More than likely, Windows Update has installed 2003 SP1 on your system. Due to changes that Microsoft has made. The hardware check is no longer able to work correctly and now shows that you may be in violation of your license.
Contact HP support. They have a interim fix until you can get your system upgraded to the Windows Storage Server Service Release 5.5
CA1313545

Thankx Jon. HP did provide me with a Zip File, which contains some files do install over Windows SP1. After this it works fine. I will now order WSS 5.5. I could assume that a few others did experience this... and I am wondering why I couldn't find detailed information about how to resolve this issue. It took me some time to have the system back online, and the solution to it was quite easy, it could have been posted on the web, so I would had the system back within a fraction of the time...
Thankx Again, Cheers Harry
CA1118839
Valued Contributor

CA1316603

I have the same problem, need the fix most urgently. How can I source this please?

TIA
CA1316603

Panic over, managed to get SP1 to uninstall.

Cheers.
CA1313545

Hi Kevin... If you like to have SP1 installed you need to get an update CD from HP. Check out: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=PSD_CB0204W&locale=en_US

Cheers Harry
Christian Graversen

Can inform me of the zip file name. Just so I can tell HP what the file name is
Christian Graversen

Hi again, and sorry about the misspelling.
It should say, ...
Can anyone inform me of the zip file name. Just so I can tell HP what the file name is.
Harry Pfleger

The file name is sp1fix.zip.