StoreEasy Storage
1748067 Members
5519 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NAS 3-in-1 is Very slow

George Manolopoulos

NAS 3-in-1 is Very slow

I seem to have a problem with the NAS 3-in-1 I purchaed which is very slow when accessed (aprox 1GB/hour for copying). Is there a way to check the Network card or configure it?
9 REPLIES 9
Chris.Thomas
Advisor

Do you mean an HP All-in-One system (AiO 400 and AiO 600)?

If so then the network card settings can be checked and modified either by clicking on the network card icon in the Windows system tray or by selecting the network applet in the Control Panel.
George Manolopoulos

Product id is EM537AA - HP 3-in-1 NAS Docking Station. Used for HP Compaq NC64xx laptops.
Nic Real

I have exactly the same problem, we have 2 of these units, EM537AA 3 in 1 Nas, the notebooks used on these units are HP nw8440, one is running xp and the other vista. The firmware version on the nas unit is F.02. The ether connection is a 1 Gb conection.

Is there something that can be done to speed them up
neil stober
Valued Contributor

what is your transfer rate using wireless ? i know it takes me 4 minutes to transfer 700 mb file to my NAS 3 in 1 30 gb took less than 1 hour . i have firmware version f-05 . i get same speeds attached to dock , i think the limiting factor is the hard drive .
Nic Real

I have firmware ver f.02, can't seem to find where to get a latter version to download and update??

It takes about 1 minute to copy a 500mb file, txfer speed is about 10 Mbs, same speed as usb2??
Nic Real

TX, i was originally put off by the ver1.01, but I applied it and am now on ver .05.

Will test to see if it has improved.

Does anybody now if this unit supports a second disk or a bigger disk?
neil stober
Valued Contributor

right . i upgraded to 1.01 and it reads f-05 ?? about the bigger disk , no this firmware will not do it , but read here for info
http://forums12.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1183344
neil stober
Valued Contributor

sorry , it does support usb disk , but for this firmware i think 450 gb total of all disks is the limit , unless you read the thread in previous answer . you can increase total disk size , but no warranty