108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NAS X1600 Windows Storage Server problem

SOLVED
Go to solution
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

You could run the Firmware DVD on it in regards to the firmwares. But it should be good to go.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?swItem=MTX-98ce7a50a19a4d4994aaad8d0e&taskId=135&swLang=8тМй=en&cc=us&idx=2&mode=4&

I do not know how long it will take to run the QR.
Monty Phillips
Trusted Contributor

Hi Muhammad,

I don't recall the exact image size, but it is 12+ GB in size.

I hope by now it successfully re-imaged for you. Did the QR complete for you?

MUHAMMAD RAHEEL LODHI_1
Frequent Advisor

yes it is now working thanx for your support
MUHAMMAD RAHEEL LODHI_1
Frequent Advisor

after successful installation of operating system, i am having problem with the server that it restarts automatically after about 10 mins or so... i have checked the event viewer for this and found the below error,

event 257 : the server you are running cannot run HP StorageWorks network storage system properly. You may be in violation of your license agreement.

please advice
MUHAMMAD RAHEEL LODHI_1
Frequent Advisor

anyone have any idea about it
MUHAMMAD RAHEEL LODHI_1
Frequent Advisor

please also note that we have upgraded the firmware too...
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Contact HP.

Or reinstall, maybe something happened during install..
BrianGiz

FIXED IT (work around)!

Hello - I just lived this exact situation.  We have a X1400 G2 that the system board had failed on (no POST).  (Product ID: BV854SB).  After the technician came out, installed a new board, updated BIOS, set serial number and product number, the server would continually reboot every 10 minutes with the Event 257.  After spending 1/2 a day with HP support, they dispatched the tech again with another new board, to no avail.  Every sticker on our box has product ID BV854SB, but I noticed that the HP support article about this error, listed two other Product IDs for this error on an X1400.  So....

I came in the next morning and had the brainstorm of changing the product ID to one of the others in the document.  In BIOS, I changed the product ID from BV854SB to BV854A, and this worked.  I now have a log event that the HP Storageworks software has PASSED verification, and the box has worked flawlessly every since.

I have sent this work-around to HP support in hopes that they could find a real fix.