Advisor

NAS1200S

How do I recover the NAS1200s image?
8 REPLIES 8
Jon Paul
Trusted Contributor

Re: NAS1200S

Hi,
The 1200s has a secondary OS partition which you could use. The intent was that you would only use this long enough to backup to another system or tape any data which had not yet been backup up.
You can get a quick restore DVD from http://software.hp.com click on "Storage and NAS"
You will need a USB DVD-ROM. Unfortunately, not all USB DVD-ROMs will work.
Thai Tran_3
Advisor

Do you have the spare part number for that USB dvd drive?

Thanks,

Thai
Boris.N.NY
Advisor

That's HP original External MultiBay Cradle storage enclosure USB 2.5 - IDE + Hi-Speed USB - #DC373B. Previously known as #DC373A and #PA509A. Aside from insignificant design changes it remains in my opinion the same thing. Compatible drives are listed on Product Bulletins (QuickSpecs) page at
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/north_america_01-2006/10314.html .

That Multibay takes a regular ProLiant slim form factor DVD-capable drive - that what product descriptions don't tell anywhere. The one with reinforced grey connector with rounded edges (see attached pic), not the older notebook rectangular-looking IDE type. Basicly, if you can 'loan' a slim DVD drive from a recent HP/Compaq server, your investment stops on buying/getting your hands on a Multibay USB enclosure. If you do need to buy one, then go back to a list above and select one you like best.

Proper Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance (US Army)
Duncan Gamble

Did you have any success with this. I have a nas 1000s which I'm looking to upgrade - just got it so no ideas yet. Where in the UK can I get the upgrade disc or can I use a 1200s restore disc I already have?

Regards,

Fulmerspot
Jon Paul
Trusted Contributor

The 1200s image should not work to restore on a 1000s, unless it is the upgrade image. Remember, for the 1000s you only have a license to use Windows 2000 based Windows Powered OS (WPOS). With the upgrade kit you get a new license COA.
You can get a recovery DVD from http://software.hp.com Click on "Storage and NAS".
I believe that they claim 4-6 weeks delivery in the UK but it usually takes 3 weeks.
Thai Tran_3
Advisor

Thank you so much for your responses. I still have one more problem. I still need the AC adapter for usb dvd cradle drive(322814-001). Please let me know if you have part number for this AC adapter.

Thanks,

Thai
Duncan Gamble

Great, where can I get a 1200s license upgrade from (I'm UK based) - searching on the net this looks long discontinued.

Thanks,

D.
Jon Paul
Trusted Contributor

Thai-Bihn - Sorry I can't find the part number for the AC adapter. There should be a voltage/amperage label on the mulitbay cradle, as long as you can match that with the right plug you should be ok.

Duncan - The part number you are looking for is 349040-B21. looking into how to order this part in the UK. It looks to be obsolete at this point. I'll poke around some more to see if we can get it re-instated, you are not the first to ask for this part.