StoreEasy Storage
1751972 Members
4906 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem with Quick-Restore on ML350 G4p (Base Storage Server) - AE341AM-PROMO

Problem with Quick-Restore on ML350 G4p (Base Storage Server) - AE341AM-PROMO

Hello,

while trying to make a Quick-Restore on the ML350 G4p Windows 2003 Base Storage Server with Adaptec 2610SA inside I got the following message:

Data drives were detected connected to the Raid Controller. Please remove any disks in HotSwap bays 2,3,4, and 5. This precaution is to maintain your data. Press to exit Quick Restore and reboot the system.

I did so, turned off the system, removed the disks in Bays 2 to 5 - but the problem still exists. Although the disks are not present I still got the message above.

Does anybody know a workaround?
4 REPLIES 4
Jon Paul
Trusted Contributor

Re: Problem with Quick-Restore on ML350 G4p (Base Storage Server) - AE341AM-PROMO

It sounds like the cabling to the hotswap bay may be incorrect. Double check the connections. make sure that disk 0 and 1 correspond to the OS disks. Once the system is fully up, put the data disks back in.

I forget to tell you:

I already checked the cabling - looked ok. Then pulled off the cables from bay 2-5 so that only cables from 0-1 were present and correct cabled. Then turned the system on.

But this didn't solve the Problem, I don't know why I still got this message...
Jon Paul
Trusted Contributor

What are the current arrays on the 2 harddrives?
It looks like the DVD assumes there is either the 2 OS disks (65GB and ~9GB) or nothing. The 65GB drive is named "Primary" and is RAID 1 across drives 0 and 1. The ~9GB drive is named "Don't Erase" and is also RAID 1 across drives 0 and 1. If any other arrays exist, they are assumed to be data and processing stops.
If you are confident that disks 0 and 1 do not contain data, then open the Adaptec BIOS config (F8 during boot) and delete all the arrays found.
When the data disks are re-inserted the Adpatec card will detect them. They may need to have the verify or verify w/ fix for the drive(s) to become optimal.

Thanks Jon Paul,

that's it. The Quick-Restore DVD expects that there is NOTHING - NO DRIVES!

I removed Data-Drives 2 to 5 from the system and as you told me, I deleted the Array on Drive 0 + 1 and started from Quick-Restore DVD.

The Quick-Restore DVD created a new Array and created two new drives.

THANKS A LOT! I tried so many times, because I didn't want to delete the "Don't Erase"-Drive, but you have to...