StoreEasy Storage
1753989 Members
6564 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problems with MediaVault MV2120

f0rge

Problems with MediaVault MV2120

currently my mediavault is not working and looks like the attachment.

I bought a new seagate 1.5TB drive with the intention of using it in a JBOD setup.

I brought the drive home, plugged it in, loaded up the manager website on my mac (first mistake i know) and clicked "Add". the "request" timed out and I could no longer do anything with/to the new 1.5TB drive, nor was it showing up as available storage.

Ok I thought, remove the drive, format on my PC, throw it back in. Now on my PC, the manager website asks me to format the drive. I do that. Instead of formatting the 1.5TB drive, it formats the 500GB drive, erasing everything I had on there.

Now my Mediavault looks like the attachment, i can go into the manager website and "Add" both of the disks, but that doesn't actually do anything, the drive indicators turn blue, but there is no available storage. They're purple again when I reboot it.

I cant find any reference on the HP website to a flashing red Health indicator.
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Problems with MediaVault MV2120

Hi f0rge,

I was going to get a 1.5TB drive as well, but then when I called HP, they said MV2120 actually only supports up to 1TB.

If you check on amazon, you will also under product description that it clearly states expansion drive only supports up to 1TB.

I hope this helps.
sjaxkingpin

So HP is now "Officially" saying no 1.5TB Support?

That's real nice considering the specs clearly state:

"Multiple terabytes with any capacity and combination of internal
and external drives."

Any Chance HP will be fixing this advertising soon with a firmware update?
jimbeaux

Are there any updates for this?? HP - Are you there?
firedogg22

Same thing same drives, same experience. Just called to return it. To bad nobody from HP can even help with their own product.
Nikunj Gupta

Is there any update on this?
Is HP going to support drives bigger than 1 TB?
versionII

I bought this unit a while ago, thinking I can upgrade this to 2TB (1TB x 2). NOT!! I put in a 1TB on the second bay and it fried both drives. Contacted HP a while ago about this, no reply. After searching around I found out I need to replace the original HD. Really sucks HP can't make a patch for the unit to read 1TB drives, needless to say I'm done with HP products.