1752748 Members
4891 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Re:-NAS1000S Restore

BR872850
Occasional Advisor

Re:-NAS1000S Restore

I have tried to restore my nas1000s with a restore disc and a hp multi bay with dvdrom
it loads up ok and will get to about 30% then restarts!
the it comes up with cant boot from any devices!
I have all the same drives as cs select 80 giggers but only 2 show up ie: 0 and 2 is this normal?
I have tried swapping drives as i have 3 nas's but still the same problem!
so any one know what I can do?
do I have to change any jumpers on my maxtor drives? (Maxtor pain in the ass!)
I have another nas drives i have to build so i need to get this sorted!
Has any one done a restore with the hp image with depolyment centre 5.5 (powerquest) with PXE boot?
7 REPLIES 7
Jon Paul
Trusted Contributor

Hi Daniel,

This is not much help but ...

Yes it is correct to have only 2 drives show up.
You may want to try to reverse engineer the QR for the information about how to deploy the image. (Try BBIE and WinImage)

Hope this helps
Paul Bullough

If you manage to RE the disc image can you post the solution as I am in the same fix.
BR872850
Occasional Advisor

ok fixed this problem!
I was using a compaq dvd rom in a hp multi bay device used the 1200 image and installed with a hp dvd/combo drive and works fine!
you can rip the restore disc apart and use something like barts pe to load the image ie: load barts pe by USB in Ramdrive then use the tools to do the drives then you can load the image.
Only two drives show up at post which is normal.
if your in the uk and need a restore disc let me know.
Maybe i can make a pqi image then you could deploy the image by pxxe boot.

Dan
Paul Bullough

Daniel any chance on a few pointers. I am really stuck without a valid HP drive and have never tried to RE anything. Just want to put image on the NAS and used ghost to keep an image for the future
BR872850
Occasional Advisor

Ahhh yes how about create a usb drive bootable with barts pe2usb and create a ramdrive (Or use winpe)
this will boot the machine into a 32bit enviroment.
then you can...
map a drive to a share.
use diskpart to prepare the drives.
copy over a unattended.txt and kick of the install this will then get you a build.
after that you can do a pxe boot to a virtual floppy and image the nas back to your network share.
I actually installed the 1200 image with no problems.
Paul Bullough

Daniel this sounds like you are building the machine from scratch and not using the Quick Restore disk. I can get an OS on to the machine but would like to get back to the cut down SAK version supplied from new. I notice powerquest was mentioned earlier. Is the image made with Drive Image? If so I can use ghost 9.0 to look at it but it is passworded. I think I'm going to need one of those few DVD drives that work with this image. Unless someone fancies sending me a fresh install ghost image.
BR872850
Occasional Advisor

the image is .cpq which is powerquest.
you can go into powerquest and add the image extension.
I would then therefore suggest you mount the dvd restore disc and see the process of the install you can then take the image off the password is in the furons for the image but i have forgotten it sorry.
try "hpinvent"