New Discussion юеВ

Re: Reinstalling HP Storage 1460 with raid 5

SOLVED
Go to solution
idec
Occasional Visitor

Reinstalling HP Storage 1460 with raid 5

Dear all,

The default installation is raid 10 in server 1460. I change this to raid 5 for which i have to delete the array. Now i am installing windows from the scratch after losing the defualt pre-installed windows storage server 2016 from HP.

I want to know what is the proper procedure for this. I intalled win svr 2016 std and how could i get the default hp applications. Moreover i could not use my storage server 2016 key to activate my current svr 2016 std. Please help

Thanks,

Mansoor

5 REPLIES 5
sbhat09
HPE Pro

What are the default HPE applications? Is that StoreEasy Management Console (SEMC)?

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

ArunKKR
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi Mansoor,

Storeeasy 1460 was shipped with Windows storage server 2016 operating system.

The product key will only work with the pre-installed Windows storage 2016 operating system and not with retail version of Windows 2016.

You would need to use recovery disk image to reinstall original Windows storage server 2016 operating system.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/swd/detail?swItemId=MTX_15652f1fb6b44d74b94a16fe50

You could then use Smart storage administrator utility to configure a data logical drive in RAID 5. This will work along with the RAID 10 logical drive for the operating system partition.

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

idec
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the reply,

I created the recovery drive and try to restore it from intelligent provisioning by pressing F10. When provided the HP Recovery drive for any media (DVD, USB, SMB share) it says there is no ISO file. When I provided the ISO file through SMB share then also the error it says "cannot find ISO file". am I doing right by using Intelligent Provisioning or there is another method to restore? 

what I understand from your reply is first it will restore and create RAID 10. Then after installing everything,  I have to use Smart storage administrator utility to configure a data logical drive in RAID 5. Here my question is by doing so this will not delete the array and format the drive again?

ArunKKR
HPE Pro

Hi, 

Do not use intelligent provisioning to reinstall OS.

Either mount the iso image through ilo and boot from it or create an USB drive with iso image and boot from it to install storage server OS.

Creating a new RAID 5  logical drive will not format the existing operating system RAID 10 logical drive.

I would suggest to get a HPE support case logged if remote assistance is needed.

While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

idec
Occasional Visitor

Thanks dear, the issue is resolved

I appreciate your support