8962 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Restoring NAS 1200s

SOLVED
Go to solution
Erick Brittain

Restoring NAS 1200s

I have a NAS 1200 that will not boot into windows, and it looks like it maybe a video driver issue. Is there a way to reload windows on this device? I have all the software that came with it but since the unit does not have a cd-rom drive it makes it more difficult. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Jon Paul
Trusted Contributor

Hi Erick,
To reload the system back to factory original, use the quick restore DVD that came with the system. Unfortunately, this deletes all data on the system.
You can try using the "last known good boot" press F8 during the OS boot to get the menu of options. "Safe mode" might also help.
If you do have to re-install, you can use the secondary OS to boot and save your data to another location. (boot menu)
Hope this helps
Frogman
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Hi Erick

Sorry to be the bringer og bad news but the below is needed to restore your unit

Cradle for below drives DC373B
Combo Drive DC364B
DVD/RW DG189B

You can choose between the cheapest option DC364B or DG189B but you need the get the DC373B as it mounts the above two drives.

Regards
Andre
Erick Brittain

This time I didnt have to reload windows on the device, after much testing it appeared to be a faulty stick of ram. I had it replaced and now it works just fine. I will be getting the cradle and drive though as we may need it in the future. Thanks for your help.