StoreEasy Storage
1752401 Members
5818 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: S1000 M640 Docs and Disks

Mike Bolyard

S1000 M640 Docs and Disks

I have inherited the responsibility for this wonderful NAS. Problem is the documentation and disks are gone. I have seen some folks talk about upgrading the drives and OS, and I would like to do the same eventually, but I would feel a lot better doing so if I had the documentation and the disks in case I need to go back. I can't seem to locate the docs anywhere on the site, and can't find where I might be able to purchase or download the software. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike
2 REPLIES 2
Mike Bolyard

UPDATE: I have found the recovery disk on the site for the NAS and have ordered that, but the documentation still eludes me.

Thanks,

Mike
Jon Paul
Trusted Contributor

Hi Mike,

S1000 or 1000s?
The S1000 was a complete OEM from Maxtor(I think). They got out of the business long ago. There was NO Recovery image for the S1000, the repair mechanism was a complete box replacement. I am not sure what the repair mechanism is today. There is NO OS upgrade available for the S1000 either.

on the other hand, the 1000s has a recovery DVD (you will need a USB DVD-ROM to do the recovery, not all USB DVDs work) and also has an available OS upgrade to Storage Server 2003.

Let me know if you have difficulty tell which box you have.

JP