StoreEasy Storage

SR 5.6 update problem

Benedetto Bruno

SR 5.6 update problem

I'm trying to install the SR 5.6 update on a "ProLiant DL380 G4" server but the setup immediately fails with the message:

"HP Storage Server Service Release Setup Error"
"HP The Storage Server Service Release Setup has been run on an invalid Storage Server system and cannot continue."

Insight Diagnostics shows:

Product Name: ProLiant DL380 G4
System Name: SYS
Release Name: 0
Version Name: 0
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition (Build 3790)

NO Windows SP1, NO other Service Releases installed...

Any ideas on how to get a successful SR 5.6 install ?

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Keith_112
Valued Contributor

Re: SR 5.6 update problem

Hi Benedetto,

The HP ProLiant Storage Server Servive Release is specifically for HP ProLiant "Storage" Servers. Fro your posting, it looks like you have a ProLiant Server, DL380 G4 model. You can achieve the same updates by using the ProLiant Essentials, specifically the ProLiant Support Pack (PSP) and Firmware Maintenance CD. Here's the URL to obtain them:
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/69_5561.html

Hope this helps, Keith
eyevan01

I have the same issue as well. The only difference is that I do have ProLiant DL 100 G2 1TB Storage Server 2003 R2.

I have downloaded SR 5.6 update and when ever I attempt to install it I get the same issue.

I at first was trying to install 6.2, and I was getting the same erro. I then spoke with a tech and they recommended that I install 5.6 first. So I downloaded and attempted to install but I got the same error as I was getting on 6.2. The error is the same as the original post

"HP The Storage Server Service Release Setup has been run on an invalid Storage Server system and cannot continue"

Please help
Danielle Weaver
Visitor

I am having the same problem, did you ever get it resolved?
eyevan01

No, I was not able to resolve this issue. I just used a NAS that was ISCSI compatible instead.

I don't think HP knows how to resolve this issue. I have spoken when many HP techs and they all give me different answers on how to solve this issue but none of the "resolutions" worked so I just decided to give up.
Danielle Weaver
Visitor

The problem I have is that I recently took over the administration of this network. I went to install some software that required 2003 sp2. I installed SP2, which proceeded to cause the NAS to blue screen. I uninstalled SP2 but this caused all types of problems. I have to install SP2, so I can install the new software but need to get the HP Service release
installed in order to keep windows from crashing.
todehnal

I had the same problem on AiO1200 system. The solution was to fill in the server PN and SN in BIOS, it was missing. You can check the System Management Homepage, if it's correctly filled in, you will find it under System Board.