1752307 Members
5333 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Service pack install?

JJUK69

Service pack install?

Good day

I am running an HP Storageworks NAS 1200s with Windows Server 2003 appliance edition. Can I install SP 2 for server 2003 directly on this OS or do I need to run an installer_kit first? If so, where do I get this from?

Thanks in advance
6 REPLIES 6
Sherine

Re: Service pack install?

Hi,

Please use the SP2 installer kit provided by HP to upgrade your server and DO NOT INSTALL SP2 directly since it will bluescreen your box.

However, my recommendation would be to install Service Release 6.6 which is integrated with SP2 and all the latest software updates.

The link to obtain SP2 installer kit:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&swItem=MTX-111223b158cd45bfb716e2ba9c&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

To download Service Release 6.6 x86 (32-bit), click the following link: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=3239517&prodNameId=3239520&swEnvOID=1114&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-7e9c6f5ba10c4faea82c570d58

Thanks,
Sherine

Paul_Cheeseman_WA
Occasional Advisor

Hi

Unfortunately I didnt read this until after I had attempted the SP2 install, and got it to blue screen :(

Now the big question is, how do I reverse my mistake please? It doesnt run long enough to remove the patch.

I am in the process of downloading the NAS 5697-7110 and the SP2_Installer_kit but of course need the system working to install it!

Any help will be appreciated at this rather stressful time!

Regards

Paul
Paul_Cheeseman_WA
Occasional Advisor

Sorry missed out the vital info:

HP proliant DL100

Paul
santi lopez

Hi i have the same problems.

How did you do a de-installation of the service packs?

Please help.
Thanks

Paul_Cheeseman_WA
Occasional Advisor

Hi Santi

I have now sorted this out, and got the system back to how it was. However, it was quite easy in my circumstance as I had a fairly fresh setup anyway. If you have extensive shares/permissions setup, it may complicate things for you.

drop me an email, and I'll go through what I tried/did paul.cheeseman@wealdenad.co.uk

Regards

Paul
Livio Aimo

hi
I install sp2 to resolve a shadow copy problem on my dl100 and i obtain a blue screen.

To resolve the problem i start the server in safe mode (no network) and i rename the file romcheckservice.exe to romcheckservice.exe.old
This file i refered to the ROM service.

Now I reboot my DL100 and all work fine and os result w2003 server sp2.
ciao