StoreEasy Storage
1753924 Members
9181 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Standard Windows Server 2003 for DL380 Storage Server?

BR856852

Standard Windows Server 2003 for DL380 Storage Server?

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone had ever installed standard Windows Server 2003 on a DL380 Storage Server? (Rather than the out of the box Appliance Edition?)

If so, where there any issues?

Info/thoughts would be much appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
BR864674
Advisor

hi, not six much precise one in your description, from as I have understood you you want to install the w2k3 std edt on a proliant dl380 g4 storage edt. if this is the your freest question six to make it also why the serveur it is a normal proliant but you lose all the performances of a nas that it works fast on the net and does not use the licence microsoft of appliance edt. that normal licence costs very more than one. bye
Giorgio Frausin

I am thinking of doing this also. Due to purchasing rules etc. We have been forced to go the NAS-SAN route. We still require file and print, email etc running on these servers and legally you can't install Exchange on Windows 2003 Storage Server. My consultants tell me that there's no real reason (BIOS,hardware, etc) that limits the 380 G3 from installing W2K3 Server. I would also like to hear from someone that has done it.