4904 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Storage Manager Agent Fails to Install

Troy Thomas
Occasional Contributor

Storage Manager Agent Fails to Install

Hi All,

I am having a lot of trouble deploying the ASM Agent to any server I am using the following file located on the recovery DVD as explained in the documentation (ASMAGENTINSTALLER.EXE) but the installation fails after the .net update is isntalled, even after a reboot the installation still fails.

The error is exactly as displayed in this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555650

Has anyone had the same issue? the servers i am trying to install the agent onto are 2000 servers and have the agent installation in a folder located locally on each server.

I do not see why this file cannot be installed all help is appreciated.

Troy
3 REPLIES 3
Chris.Thomas
Advisor

Re: Storage Manager Agent Fails to Install

The ASM agent (shipped with the All-in-One storage server product line) only supports client servers running Windows 2003 SP1 or SP2 (x86 or x64). It does not support Windows 2000 clients.
David Straw
Valued Contributor

Because the Virtual Disk Service (VDS) and Volume ShadowCopy Service (VSS) technologies, that are used extensively within the All-in-One Storage Manager, are not available on Windows operating systems before Windows Server 2003 we are unable to provide support for them at this time.
Troy Thomas
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your responses.

The problem i have right now is that the software does not install on the Windows 2003 Standard SP1 Server i have either.

The 2000 server i have is running Exchange 2003 .

Troy